Try Your Hand at Kyudo (Japanese Archery)
Uotoshi Ryokan : 魚敏旅館
Experience Kyudo, Japan’s Spiritual Version of Archery.
Uotoshi Ryokan in Shibu-Yudanaka Onsen features an archery range and offers regular classes in Kyudo, Japanese archery.
Kyudo is an amalgamation of Western archery and Japan's Zen spirit. Uotoshi Ryokan in Yamanouchi Town's Shibu-Yudanaka Onsen has an archery range in the back of the inn and the proprietor, Miyasaka-san, offers regular lessons in kyudo. A little archery with your onsen bath? Only here in Nagano!
- Hours :
- Wednesdays 20:30-21:30 and by appointment.
- Date(s) :
- Offered Wednesdays and by appointment.
- Cost / Price of Admission :
- ¥500 per person (over 10 years old)
- Time Required :
- 1 hour
- Reservations :
- # of Participants :
- Foreign Languages :
Miyasaka-san speaks basic English. Additional days / times as well as longer, more thorough training available by appointment. Uotoshi Ryokan's proprietor, Miyasaka-san, will explain about Japanese archery and the spirit of Zen Buddhism. He will then demonstrate Japanese archery for the guests to observe. If time allows, guests can try drawing bows and shooting arrows.
tel : +81(0)269-33-1215 fax : +81(0)269-33-0074 Official site
- By Train
- From Yudanaka Station(Nagano Dentetsu Nagano Line), Walk down Route 342, cross the bridge, turn right at the "T" and Uotoshi will be on the left (550m, 6 min. on foot).
- By Car
- From Shinshu-Nakano IC, Go straight on to Route 29 / 292 and proceed 10km to the Togari-Yudanaka IC. From the offramp, turn left, cross the bridge and at the signal, turn right and proceed southeast along the river. At the 'Yudanaka Sta.' signal (1km from the bridge), turn right, recross the river, and at the "T", turn right. Uotoshi will be on your left.
- 2563 Sano, Yamanouchi 381-0402
- Matsukawa Gorge : Picturesque River Gorge with 3 Waterfalls and 8 Hot Springs Districts
- Hokusaikan : Actual Works by Woodblock Print Master Hokusai
- St. Cousair's Winery & Vineyards : “Country Comfort” Winery and Garden Terrace
- Nozawa Onsen Sparina : Year-Round Bath House with Onsen Pool
- Zenkoji Temple : The Legendary Temple at the Heart of Nagano City
- Uotoshi Ryokan in Yudanaka : Ryokan with a Kyudo (Japanese Archery) Range.
- Yudanaka Seifuso : Family-run Traditional Ryokan 2-min from Yudanaka Station with Private Onsen Bath and WiFi.
- Yorozuya : Landmark Yudanaka Onsen Ryokan with Famous Momoyama Bath and Historical Shoraiso Building
- Shimaya Ryokan : Renowned Heartfelt Friendly Service Proudly Providing True Japanese Ryokan Hospitality.
- Ryokan Biyu no Yado : Located in the heart of Yudanaka Onsen, Convenient to the Snow Monkeys.
- Chanko Cuisine Tamaya : Reasonably-Priced Healthy "Chanko" Stews.
- Enza café & ramen enza : A stylish café and ramen restaurant located at the trail head leading to the Snow Monkey Park
- Soba Agare-ya : Stone-milled Soba Eaten Around a Hearth.
- Cafe Waraku : Pasta & Pancakes in a 'Kura' Storehouse.
- Cafe Satowa : New Style 'Michi-no-Eki' Road Station Serving Breakfast, too.
- Onsen-Hopping at Shibu Onsen : Soak in Shibu Onsen’s 9 Public Baths for Good Luck.
- Nakano Clay Doll Painting : Paint Your Own Artistic Nakano Clay Doll.
- Photographing Japanese Macaques in the Wild : Observe Japanese Monkeys Up-Close in Their Natural Habitat
- Obuse's Half Marathon : Quirky Half-Marathon in the Quaint Town of Obuse.
- Zazen Meditation -- With a German Priestess at Horakuan : Practice Zazen Meditation with Guidance in English or German in Suzaka.