Barrel Bath at Rinrinkan
Rinrinkan : 森の宿 林りん館
Build a Fire to Heat the Water for your own Barrel Bath.
Make a fire and heat bath water for a soak in a barrel bath with the Northern Alps as a backdrop at Rinrinkan in Ogawa Village.
Back in the olden days, people used to have to light a fire to heat water for their daily bath -- a nostalgic memory for most Japanese today.
Goemon bath is a bath built for one person -- considered a luxury by most people here.
Rinrinkan in tiny Ogawa Village has combined those two concepts with their Barrel Bath. For a small fee, guests light a wood fire in a hearth under the barrel, heat up the water and enjoy a toasty warm bath outdoor in a drum barrel with the Northern Alps in the background.
- Hours :
- Date(s) :
- Open Daily Year-Round
- Cost / Price of Admission :
- 1500 + 200 per extra person. Everyone can take turns bathing.
- Time Required :
- 2 hours
- Reservations :
- Required(Reservations Required by telephone, fax or e-mail. Provide name, address, cell phone number, requested date and time.)
- # of Participants :
- Foreign Languages :
- English (Only basic English spoken. )
- Luggage Storage :
Barbecue facilities and pizza-making also available. Accommodation facilities for up to 28 people, with all guestrooms offering views of the Alps. Near the lodge is a particularly famous sakura (cherry) tree popular for its beautiful blossoms in the spring. When available, the lodge serves gibier (wild game). The lodge also has a goat.
tel : +81(0)26-269-3455 fax : +81(0)26-269-3470 Official site
- By Train
- From Nagano Station(JR Hokuriku(Nagano) Shinkansen), Take Kawanakajima Bus's Highway Bus for Omachi and get off at Ogawa Shinden stop (33 min.). Rinrinkan will pick you up there.
- By Car
- From Nagano IC, Take Route 35/ Route 19 west and turn on to Route 31 (toll tunnel). Proceed 8.9km (12 min.) and turn left on to small road. Continue for 2.8km (17 min.) and Rinrinkan will be on the left.
- 8000-4 Oneyama, Ogawa, Kamiminochi 381-3303
- Aratojo Castle Historical Park : Hilltop Fortress from the Warring States Era
- Tsugaike Nature Park : A 1900 meter Altitude Treasure-Trove of Alpine Flowers
- Zenkoji Temple : The Legendary Temple at the Heart of Nagano City
- St. Cousair's Winery & Vineyards : “Country Comfort” Winery and Garden Terrace
- Uedajo Castle Ruin Park : Invincible Castle Famous for Twice Repulsing the Tokugawa Shogunate.
- Yakimochiya : Old 'Kominka' Farmhouse-Styled Thatched-Roof Building Featuring an Irori Hearth.
- K’s House Hakuba Alps : Reasonably priced lodging with full amenities.
- Hakuba's Hotel Goryukan : At the foot of the Happone Ski Area. Unbeatable meals and onsen baths.
- Hakuba Yamano-Hotel : Stylish Hotel Adjacent to the Happoone Ski Area Opposite the Olympic Ski Jump.
- Hakuba Springs Hotel : Small Hotel with a Big Heart at the Base of Happo-One in the Northern Japanese Alps.
- Kikyoya : Simply Hakuba's Best Sushi.
- Happo Bijin : One Bowl Is All It Takes to Totally Enjoy Hakuba: Go-Tochi (Local) Ramen.
- The Beach Bar : Southern Tropical Beach-Themed Bar in the Hakuba's Wadano neighborhood.
- Ohyokkuri Happo Honten : Grandma's Hakuba Homestyle Cooking.
- The Pub : Hakuba's Authentic English Pub with Darts and Pool.
- Learn How to Make Oyaki Dumplings at Ogawa Village : Venture to Ogawa Village, the Oyaki Heartland, to Make Dumplings.
- Oyaki Dumpling Making at Yakimochiya : Learn How to Make Oyaki Dumplings at the Hearth of this Thatched Roof Farmhouse.
- Alpine Yoga : Yoga Training in the Midst of the Hakuba Mountains.
- Zazen Meditation -- 5am Zazen at Kaigen-ji : Quiet Your Mind with 5am Zazen Meditation at Historical Kaigen-ji Temple.
- Soba-Uchi (Making Buckwheat Noodles) at Togakushi Tonkururin : Make Soba Noodles by Hand at Buckwheat Mecca Togakushi.