Clear Bottom Boat Ride in Azumino
Daio Wasabi Farm : 大王わさび農場
Ride a Boat down a Spring-fed Stream past Romantic Waterwheels.
Leisurely ride in a clear bottom boat through the clear streams of the Daio Wasabi Farm fields and past the famous waterwheels from Akira Kurosawa's "Dreams" movie.
Azumino is blessed with sparkling clean spring water fed by snowmelt from the Japanese Alps.
- Hours :
- Date(s) :
- Operates late April thru October. Closed at times of windy or rainy weather.
- Cost / Price of Admission :
- 20-minute course 1200 for over 12 y.o., 900 for 6-11 y.o., 100 for age 5 and under.
- Time Required :
- 20-50 hours
- Reservations :
- Not required(not required)
- Foreign Languages :
- (Staff only speak Japanese. )
Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult (1 child per adult). Babies must be strapped in a carrier.
tel : +81(0)263-87-9828 fax : +81(0)263-87-9831 Official site
- By Train
- From Hotaka Station (JR Oito Line), Head east 2.7km (35 min. on foot, 15 min. by rental cycle -- ask for map at station).
- By Car
- From Azumino IC, Take Route 310 north to Omoyanagi signal and turn right, then right again at Gohoden signal. (5.2km, 12 min.)
- 3640 Daio Wasabi Farm Hotaka, Azumino 399-8303
- Matsumoto Castle (National Treasure) : One of Japan's Finest Castles, With the Japanese Alps as a Backdrop
- Nawate Dori (street) in Matsumoto City : Frog Street -- Matsumoto's Edo Era-themed Shopping Street
- Nakamachi Street in Matsumoto City : Matsumoto's Commercial Street with Distinctive Black & White Contrasting Storehouses
- Matsumoto City Museum of Art : Museum Featuring Works by Matsumoto's Favorite Daughter, World-Famous Yayoi Kusama.
- Daio Wasabi Farm : Japan's Largest Wasabi Farm in the Pristine Waters of Azumino
- Hotaka View Hotel : Resort Hotel at the Base of the Northern Japanese Alps.
- Hoshino Resorts KAI Matsumoto : Art-Filled Inn Featuring a Blend of Traditional and Modern Japanese Design.
- Candela Guest House in Matsumoto : Hideaway Located in a Remodeled Miso Warehouse 5 min from Matsumoto Castle.
- Matsumoto BackPackers : Guesthouse in a Typical Japanese Residence Minutes from Matsumoto Castle & Station.
- Matsumoto Marunouchi Hotel : Hotel Located Steps from Matsumoto Castle in the City's Historical and Cultural Heart.
- Kita-Alps Bokujyo : Great-Tasting Dairy from Cows Growing in Azumino's Natural Wonder.
- Bakery Cafe SWEET in Nawate : Matsumoto's Old-Time Bakery Cafe.
- Tsukiji-Ichiba-Syokudo Matsumoto Ekimae-ten : Lively Pub Featuring Seafood Fresh from Tokyo's Tsukiji Market.
- Hikari-ya Nishi : Macrobiotic Fine French Dining in a Remodeled 120-Year Old Storehouse.
- Hikari-ya Higashi : Fine Japanese Dining in a Stylishly Remodeled 130-Year-Old Storehouse.
- Wasabizuke-Making Lesson at Daio Wasabi Farm : Tour the Wasabi Farm and Learn How to Cook with Wasabi.
- Glass Beadwork in Azumino : Explore Azumino’s Glass Art through Bead Craftwork.
- Azumino Art Line Gallery Tour : Indulge in Art Azumino-Style by Touring the Art Line’s Galleries.
- Appreciating Ukiyoe Wood Block Print Art : Rotating Displays of Japan’s Largest Collection of Ukiyoe Woodblock Prints.
- Guided Tour of Matsumoto Castle : Tour National Treasure Matsumoto Castle with the Helpful ALSA Guides.