Activities - Arts & Crafts
Azumino Art Line Gallery Tour
Azumino Art Line : 安曇野アートライン
Indulge in Art Azumino-Style by Touring the Art Line’s Galleries.
Stretching from Azumino City to Hakuba Village along the foothills of the Northern Alps, the Azumino Art line encompasses 19 art museums and galleries. Enjoy touring a variety of splendid art centers all with backdrop of the majestic Alps.
The Northern Japanese Alps have always inspired people with their breath-taking beauty. Somehow it is fitting that a collection of art museums and galleries have opened at the foot these majestic mountains. 19 of the art centers have joined to form the Azumino Art Line, and touring them is a popular pastime. The 18 locations vary from photo galleries to glass art museums, with others dedicated to sculpture (Rokuzan Art Museum) and childrens books artists (Chihiro Art Museum) and more. Many also feature memorable architecture and gardens (especially the afore mentioned Rokuzan and Chihiro museums and the Azumino Art Hills Museum of glass art). For details, see the website.
- Hours :
- Date(s) :
- Cost / Price of Admission :
- Reservations :
- Not required(Varies)
- # of Participants :
- Foreign Languages :
- (English varies from gallery to gallery. Much of the art doesn't require language to appreciate.)
- Luggage Storage :
tel : +81(0)Each museum Official site
- By Train
- From Access from various stations (JR Oito Line),
- By Car
- From Azumino IC, head north on Route 147
- From Azumino to Hakuba,
- Sightseeing Spots
- Matsumoto Castle (National Treasure) : One of Japan's Finest Castles, With the Japanese Alps as a Backdrop
- Nawate Dori (street) in Matsumoto City : Frog Street -- Matsumoto's Edo Era-themed Shopping Street
- Nakamachi Street in Matsumoto City : Matsumoto's Commercial Street with Distinctive Black & White Contrasting Storehouses
- Matsumoto City Museum of Art : Museum Featuring Works by Matsumoto's Favorite Daughter, World-Famous Yayoi Kusama.
- Ishii Miso Factory : Matsumoto’s Famous Maker of Aged Miso
- Hotaka View Hotel : Resort Hotel at the Base of the Northern Japanese Alps.
- Hoshino Resorts KAI Matsumoto : Art-Filled Inn Featuring a Blend of Traditional and Modern Japanese Design.
- Candela Guest House in Matsumoto : Hideaway Located in a Remodeled Miso Warehouse 5 min from Matsumoto Castle.
- Matsumoto BackPackers : Guesthouse in a Typical Japanese Residence Minutes from Matsumoto Castle & Station.
- Matsumoto Marunouchi Hotel : Hotel Located Steps from Matsumoto Castle in the City's Historical and Cultural Heart.
- Kita-Alps Bokujyo : Great-Tasting Dairy from Cows Growing in Azumino's Natural Wonder.
- Bakery Cafe SWEET in Nawate : Matsumoto's Old-Time Bakery Cafe.
- Tsukiji-Ichiba-Syokudo Matsumoto Ekimae-ten : Lively Pub Featuring Seafood Fresh from Tokyo's Tsukiji Market.
- Hikari-ya Nishi : Macrobiotic Fine French Dining in a Remodeled 120-Year Old Storehouse.
- Hikari-ya Higashi : Fine Japanese Dining in a Stylishly Remodeled 130-Year-Old Storehouse.
- Clear Bottom Boat Ride in Azumino : Ride a Boat down a Spring-fed Stream past Romantic Waterwheels.
- Glass Beadwork in Azumino : Explore Azumino’s Glass Art through Bead Craftwork.
- Appreciating Ukiyoe Wood Block Print Art : Rotating Displays of Japan’s Largest Collection of Ukiyoe Woodblock Prints.
- Guided Tour of Matsumoto Castle : Tour National Treasure Matsumoto Castle with the Helpful ALSA Guides.
- 'Temari' Handball Workshop : A Symbol of Matsumoto, Make a Temari Ball as a Momento of your Stay.