Daikokuya : 大黒屋
Kamiyamada Onsen's Tiny Cafeteria Famous for Their Ramen and Garlic-Sauce Tonkatsu Pork.
Tiny restaurant in the onsen town of Togura-Kamiyamada. Fans come from far and away for Daikokuya's refined ramen, popular for its light but full-bodied chicken-based soup. Their breaded and fried pork cutlets served over rice ("katsu-rice") is a local favorite, especially with their legendary "nin-tare" (minced garlic and leek in soy sauce) sauce.
- Hours :
- 11:30-16:30 (L.O. 16:00)
- Date(s) :
- Closed Irregularly
- Average Price :
- Reservations :
- Not required
- Capacity :
- Foreign Languages :
- (English menu available.)
- Seating Style :
- Chairs(14 seat(s))
All seating no-smoking
tel : +81(0)26-275-0768
- By Train
- From Togura Station(Shinano Railway), 15 min by taxi or 30 min walk
- By Car
- From Koshoku IC, via Route 18, 25 min.
From Sakaki IC, via Route 18, 20 min.
- 2-24-1 Kamiyamada-Onsen, Chikuma 389-0821
- Aratojo Castle Historical Park : Hilltop Fortress from the Warring States Era
- Yanagi-Machi Post Town : The Past Meets the Present in Ueda City’s Historical Post Town
- Ikushima-Tarushima Shrine : Distinct Vermilion-colored Shrine in Japan's Geographic Center
- Zenkoji Temple : The Legendary Temple at the Heart of Nagano City
- Unno-juku Post Town : Post Town with Distinctive Architecture and Beautiful Streetscape
- Yuzan in Onsen Town Togura-Kamiyamada : One of the Major Ryokans in Onsen Town Togura-Kamiyamada.
- Tourist Hotel Green Plaza in Onsen Town Togura-Kamiyamada : Budget-priced Accommodation in Onsen Town Togura-Kamiyamada.
- Kamesei Ryokan in Onsen Town Togura-Kamiyamada : Friendly, Traditional Japanese Onsen Inn run by an American-Japanese couple.
- Hotel Platon : City Hotel Amenities at Reasonable Prices with Onsen Baths.
- Aritaya Ryokan in Onsen Town Togura-Kamiyamada : Traditional Family-Run 100-Year Old Wooden Inn
- Ramen Kameya : Feel At Home with Kameya's Locally-Sourced Ramen.
- Soba Kaya : Authentic Soba Noodles in an Edo-era Thatched Roof Building.
- Cafe Levian Table & Tatami-Cafe Eboshi : Artisan Bakery in a Sake Warehouse.
- Soba Hojyo-an : Locally Grown and Milled "Homecoming Soba".
- Kokuzo : Natural Yeast Artisan Bread Shop in a 150-Year Old Farmhouse.
- Spicy Udon at Onsen Town Togura-Kamiyamada : Udon Noodles with the Nefariously Spicy Nezumi Daikon Radish.
- Wafuku (Japanese Clothing) Tutorial : Curious How Traditional Japanese Clothing Works? Have Saito-san Explain All.
- Miso Soup Making Lesson : Learn How to Make That Most Basic of Japanese Cuisine: Miso Soup.
- Chikuma River Fish Cuisine : River Fish Cuisine at a Simple Shack along the Chikuma River.
- Fruit Picking at Kamiyamada's Crown Farm : Eat Fresh Grapes and Apples You Pick Yourself at this Foreigner-friendly, Family-run Orchard in Kamiyamada.