Aritaya Ryokan in Onsen Town Togura-Kamiyamada : 有田屋旅館
Traditional Family-Run 100-Year Old Wooden Inn
Small 9-room traditional onsen ryokan on Kamiyamada Onsen's main street. Aritaya's two-story wood building has over 100 years of charm. Friendly family-run establishment. Many works of ceramic art from Arita are on display.
- Date(s) :
- Check-In :
- Check-Out :
- Price of Accommodation :
- ¥8,000-15,000 per person for accommodation + kaiseki-style dinner and Japanese breakfast (weekdays based on double occupancy, subject to sales tax and onsen tax)
- Credit Cards :
- Cash only
- Reservations :
- Required(Required. E-mail in simple English.)
- Capacity :
- 2-30 people
- Foreign Languages :
- English (Limited English spoken)
- Room Types :
- Japanese Style(7 room(s)), Western Style(2 room(s))
- Area Sightseeing Info :
- Linens Included :
- Luggage Storage :
- Washing Machine :
- Not Available
tel : +81(0)26-275-1006 fax : +81(0)26-275-3200 Official site
- By Train
- From Togura Station(Shinano Railway), 7 min by bus (#9, "Kamiyamada Onsen Koen" 上山田温泉公園 stop). Free shuttle service available 14:30-17:30 -- just call upon arrival. To walk (2km, approx. 25min.), proceed straight (west) from Togura Station 400m on Route 336 to 戸倉上山田中学校前 signal (middle school on northwest corner). Turn left and go south 300m to City Office Togura Branch signal. Turn right onto Route 55 and go west 600m crossing the Chikuma River to Sarashina Shrine light. Turn left onto Route 77 and continue south 800m as road curves and becomes Kamiyamada Onsen's Chuo-dori (main street). Aritaya Ryokan will be on your right.
- By Car
- From Sakaki IC, Proceed straight 2.5km down Route 91 to Sakaki Inter signal and turn right onto Route 18. Go north 6.7km to Togura-kamiyamada-onsen signal and turn left onto Route 498. Proceed west 1km crossing the Chikuma River to Kamiyamada Culture Hall signal. Turn right onto Chuo-Dori and head north 400m. Aritaya Ryokan will be on your left. (15 min, approx. 8km)
- 1-69-1 Kamiyamada Onsen, Chikuma 389-0821
- Aratojo Castle Historical Park : Hilltop Fortress from the Warring States Era
- Yanagi-Machi Post Town : The Past Meets the Present in Ueda City’s Historical Post Town
- Ikushima-Tarushima Shrine : Distinct Vermilion-colored Shrine in Japan's Geographic Center
- Zenkoji Temple : The Legendary Temple at the Heart of Nagano City
- Unno-juku Post Town : Post Town with Distinctive Architecture and Beautiful Streetscape
- Chuo Hotel in Onsen Town Togura-Kamiyamada : Family-run Traditional Inn with a Folk Art Theme
- Ogiwarakan in Onsen Town Togura-Kamiyamada : Medium-sized Ryokan Famous for Congenial Service
- Kamesei Ryokan in Onsen Town Togura-Kamiyamada : Friendly, Traditional Japanese Onsen Inn run by an American-Japanese couple.
- Yuzan in Onsen Town Togura-Kamiyamada : One of the Major Ryokans in Onsen Town Togura-Kamiyamada.
- Tourist Hotel Green Plaza in Onsen Town Togura-Kamiyamada : Budget-priced Accommodation in Onsen Town Togura-Kamiyamada.
- Daikokuya : Kamiyamada Onsen's Tiny Cafeteria Famous for Their Ramen and Garlic-Sauce Tonkatsu Pork.
- Ramen Kameya : Feel At Home with Kameya's Locally-Sourced Ramen.
- Soba Kaya : Authentic Soba Noodles in an Edo-era Thatched Roof Building.
- Cafe Levian Table & Tatami-Cafe Eboshi : Artisan Bakery in a Sake Warehouse.
- Soba Hojyo-an : Locally Grown and Milled "Homecoming Soba".
- Spicy Udon at Onsen Town Togura-Kamiyamada : Udon Noodles with the Nefariously Spicy Nezumi Daikon Radish.
- Wafuku (Japanese Clothing) Tutorial : Curious How Traditional Japanese Clothing Works? Have Saito-san Explain All.
- Miso Soup Making Lesson : Learn How to Make That Most Basic of Japanese Cuisine: Miso Soup.
- Chikuma River Fish Cuisine : River Fish Cuisine at a Simple Shack along the Chikuma River.
- Fruit Picking at Kamiyamada's Crown Farm : Eat Fresh Grapes and Apples You Pick Yourself at this Foreigner-friendly, Family-run Orchard in Kamiyamada.