Soba Kurumaya : くるまや本店
Classic Kiso Hand-made Soba Shop with a 300-Year History.
Kiso River Valley
Carefully-selected buckwheat milled in small lots, hand-made into soba noodles. The dipping sauce, is made each day from new ingredients added to the remainder from the previous day, resulting in a complex flavor from having been compounded and blended over the years. Restaurant interior features writings, antique waterwheels, and Hina dolls from the turn of the 20th century providing a relaxed atmosphere to leisurely enjoy eating soba noodles.
- Hours :
- Date(s) :
- Closed Wednesdays.
- Average Price :
- About 1,200
- Reservations :
- Not required
- Capacity :
- Foreign Languages :
- English (English menu available but only the restaurant manager speaks English.)
- Seating Style :
- Floor Seating(20 seat(s)), Chairs(20 seat(s))
tel : +81(0)264-22-2200 fax : +81(0)264-23-3387 Official site
- By Train
- From Kiso-Fukushima Station(JR Chuo Line), 7 min walk
- By Car
- From Ina IC, 30 min
- 5367-2 Fukushima, Kiso 397-0001
- Narai-juku Post Town : "Narai of a Thousand Houses" -- Longest Post Town in all of Japan.
- Shinano Wine (Winery Tour) : Third Generation Winery
- Izutsu Wine (Winery) : Winery with a View of the Northern Alps, Surrounded by Picturesque Vineyards
- Okaya Silk Museum “Silk Fact Okaya” : Silk Museum Adjacent to an Actual Operating Silk Factory
- Suwa Garasunosato (Glass Center) : Japan's Largest Glass Art-Related Activities Center
- Tsutaya in Kiso-Fukushima : Relaxing Hotel Awash in the History of the Old Kiso Road.
- Oyado Iseya in Narai-Juku : Friendly Service and Delicious Kiso Home Cooking.
- Echigoya Ryokan in Narai-Juku : Immerse in an Edo-era Inn in Edo-era Post Town Narai-juku
- Kisoji-inn Daikichi : Small Inn Featuring Warm Wood Touches in a Relaxing Natural Setting.
- Fujioto Ryokan in Tsumago : Historical Ryokan Boasting a Traditional Japanese Garden.
- Bistro Matsushima-tei : Historical Post Town Building Reborn as Italian.
- Soba Tokkuriya : Handmade Japanese Cuisine in and Edo-era Post Town.
- Chuo Alps Tozan-Guchi Meiji-tei : At the Base of the Chuo Alps, Sauce-Katsu with their own Original Sauce.
- Farm Restaurant Tomato no Ki : Buffet-style Restaurant with Views of the Southern Alps.
- Yoshimuraya : Handmade Soba Noodle Restaurant in Tsumago-juku Post Town.
- Nanawarai Sake Brewery Tour : Tour the Nanawarai’s Sake Brewery, the Pride of Kiso Valley.
- How to do Sunki Lacto-Fermenting : Learn to Make Kiso Valley’s Unique Salt-free Pickling Technique.
- Master Gohei Mochi Making : Make Kiso’s Specialty Mochi-rice Sweats.
- Make Chopsticks out of Hinoki : Use Kiso’s Famed Hinoki Wood to Make Your Own Pair of Chopsticks.
- Kiso-Fukushima 'Furusato Taikenkan' Activities Hall : The Place to Experience Kiso Valley's Distinct Culture