Soba Tokkuriya : 徳利屋
Handmade Japanese Cuisine in and Edo-era Post Town.
This 180-year old building used the be post town Nagai-juku's secondary inn. Guests can enjoy the carefully-preserved Edo-era ambience with antique ceramics and 'tsubo' pots adding to the experience. Soba noodles made with local buckwheat flour, Kiso's iconic gohei mochi sticky rice with walnut, black sesame and sansho pepper seasoning and specially-made miso paste.
- Hours :
- From 11:00 until supplies run out.
- Date(s) :
- Closed irregularly in the green season. (From Dec. thru Mar., open for reservations only.)
- Average Price :
- Reservations :
- Not required(Reservations required Dec. thru Mar.)
- Capacity :
- Foreign Languages :
- English (English menu available.)
- Seating Style :
- Floor Seating(40 seat(s))
All seating is no-smoking.
tel : +81(0)264-34-2189 fax : +81(0)264-24-0040
- By Train
- From Narai Station(JR Chuo Line), 8 min walk
- By Car
- From Shiojiri IC, 35 min
From Ina IC, 35 min
- 516 Narai, Shiojiri 399-6303
- Narai-juku Post Town : "Narai of a Thousand Houses" -- Longest Post Town in all of Japan.
- Shinano Wine (Winery Tour) : Third Generation Winery
- Izutsu Wine (Winery) : Winery with a View of the Northern Alps, Surrounded by Picturesque Vineyards
- Okaya Silk Museum “Silk Fact Okaya” : Silk Museum Adjacent to an Actual Operating Silk Factory
- Suwa Garasunosato (Glass Center) : Japan's Largest Glass Art-Related Activities Center
- Echigoya Ryokan in Narai-Juku : Immerse in an Edo-era Inn in Edo-era Post Town Narai-juku
- Oyado Iseya in Narai-Juku : Friendly Service and Delicious Kiso Home Cooking.
- Tsutaya in Kiso-Fukushima : Relaxing Hotel Awash in the History of the Old Kiso Road.
- Awanoyu in Shirahone Onsen : Relax in Awanoyu's Milky White Mineral Water in Famous Shirahone Onsen.
- Yumoto Saito-Ryokan in Shirahone : Grand, historical ryokan featuring Shirahone’s unique milky-white onsen water.
- Farm Restaurant Tomato no Ki : Buffet-style Restaurant with Views of the Southern Alps.
- Bistro Matsushima-tei : Historical Post Town Building Reborn as Italian.
- Soba Kurumaya : Classic Kiso Hand-made Soba Shop with a 300-Year History.
- Chuo Alps Tozan-Guchi Meiji-tei : At the Base of the Chuo Alps, Sauce-Katsu with their own Original Sauce.
- Ajari Cafe : Home of the Popular Ajari Burger.
- Hyakuso herbal medicine factory tour : Tour the Factory of Natural Herbal Medicine Maker Hyakuso.
- Working Farm with Hands-On Activities : Fruit Picking, Farm & Cultural Activities on a Full Scale Farm -- Fun for the Whole Family.
- How to do Sunki Lacto-Fermenting : Learn to Make Kiso Valley’s Unique Salt-free Pickling Technique.
- Master Gohei Mochi Making : Make Kiso’s Specialty Mochi-rice Sweats.
- Make Chopsticks out of Hinoki : Use Kiso’s Famed Hinoki Wood to Make Your Own Pair of Chopsticks.