Restaurants - Casual Japanese
Ohyokkuri Happo Honten : 白馬八方田舎料理 おひょっくり 八方本店
Grandma's Hakuba Homestyle Cooking.
Warm, hearty meals born from Hakuba's frigid winters. Ohyokkuri Stew is named after the puffed face-look of blowing the hot stew to cool it. Plump flour noodles with lots of vegetables and locally pork and chicken, all in a miso-based soup. Sure to warm your body on a cold winter day. Popular with both locals and visitors alike.
- Hours :
- Date(s) :
- Open daily January and February, closed Wednesday's other months. (Occasional variance.) Call to verify.
- Average Price :
- Credit Cards :
- VISA, MasterCard, Amex
- Reservations :
- Not required
- Capacity :
- Foreign Languages :
- English (Menus with English and pictures available.)
- Seating Style :
- Floor Seating(20 seat(s)) : Chairs(10 seat(s))
All seats no-smoking.
tel : +81(0)261-72-2661 fax : +81(0)261-72-2661 Official site
- By Train
- From Hakuba Station(JR Oito Line), Take the Alpico Bus bound for Hakuba Happo and disembark at the Hakuba Happo Bus Terminal, then 5 minutes on foot.
- By Car
- From Nagano IC, Via Route 19 and the Hakuba Olympic Highway to Happo-one. Approx. 60 minutes.
From Azumino IC, Via the Northern Alps Panorama Highway and Route 148 to Happo-one. Approx. 60 minutes.
- Sightseeing Spots
- Tsugaike Nature Park : A 1900 meter Altitude Treasure-Trove of Alpine Flowers
- Zenkoji Temple : The Legendary Temple at the Heart of Nagano City
- Aratojo Castle Historical Park : Hilltop Fortress from the Warring States Era
- St. Cousair's Winery & Vineyards : “Country Comfort” Winery and Garden Terrace
- Matsukawa Gorge : Picturesque River Gorge with 3 Waterfalls and 8 Hot Springs Districts
- Places of Lodging
- Hakuba Onsen Ryokan Shirouma-So : Award-Winning Mountain Resort Ryokan
- Hakuba Springs Hotel : Small Hotel with a Big Heart at the Base of Happo-One in the Northern Japanese Alps.
- Hakuba's Hotel Goryukan : At the foot of the Happone Ski Area. Unbeatable meals and onsen baths.
- HAKUBA TOKYU HOTEL : International Resort Hotel Fashioned after a European Mountain Lodge, at Hakuba’s Mt. Happoone.
- Hakuba Mominoki Hotel : Government-registered Luxury Resort Hotel Featuring an Onsen Outdoor Bath.
- The Beach Bar : Southern Tropical Beach-Themed Bar in the Hakuba's Wadano neighborhood.
- Happo Bijin : One Bowl Is All It Takes to Totally Enjoy Hakuba: Go-Tochi (Local) Ramen.
- The Pub : Hakuba's Authentic English Pub with Darts and Pool.
- Ogino’s Steakhouse : Japanese Wagyu Steaks and Nagano Gibier Wild Game.
- Izakaya Kaz : Stylish Modern Izakaya Featuring Teppanyaki Grill and Sushi.
- Alpine Yoga : Yoga Training in the Midst of the Hakuba Mountains.
- Hiking to Happo-ike Pond : Take in the Stunning Views of Happo Pond High Up in the Hakuba Range.
- Search for Otari Village's Hidden Hamlet : Go Trekking to Find Otari Village’s Hamlet Only Accessible on Foot
- 'Kanjiki' Snow Shoes Making Workshop & Hike : Make a Bit of Nagano’s Deep Snow Heritage: Kanjiki Traditional Snow Shoes.
- Barrel Bath at Rinrinkan : Build a Fire to Heat the Water for your own Barrel Bath.