Nagano Shimizuya Ryokan : 中央館 清水屋旅館
Traditional Ryokan 5-min Walk from Zenkoji Temple
Family-run inn with 160-years’ worth of history and charm. The warm wood interior, quirky layout, friendly proprietor, and helpful selection of area information make the inn a great traditional Japanese place to stay while exploring Nagano City.
- Check-In :
- Check-Out :
- Price of Accommodation :
- Credit Cards :
- VISA, MasterCard, Amex, JCB
- Reservations :
- Required(Drop-in same-day reservations accepted as long as rooms available.)
- Capacity :
- Foreign Languages :
- English (Basic English is spoken.)
- Room Types :
- Japanese Style(18 room(s))
- Area Sightseeing Info :
- Linens Included :
- Luggage Storage :
- Washing Machine :
- By Train
- From Nagano Station(JR Hokuriku(Nagano) Shinkansen), Go north on Showa Street from Zenkoji Temple exit.
Or, take local bus bound for Zenkoji Temple, get off at "Hana no Koji" bus stop (approx. 10 min)
- By Car
- From Nagano IC, 30 min
- 49 Daimoncho, Nagano 380-0841
- Zenkoji Temple : The Legendary Temple at the Heart of Nagano City
- Hokusaikan : Actual Works by Woodblock Print Master Hokusai
- St. Cousair's Winery & Vineyards : “Country Comfort” Winery and Garden Terrace
- Aratojo Castle Historical Park : Hilltop Fortress from the Warring States Era
- Matsukawa Gorge : Picturesque River Gorge with 3 Waterfalls and 8 Hot Springs Districts
- 1166 Backpackers at Zenkoji Temple : Small Guesthouse in an Old Temple Neighborhood
- Zenkoji Fuchinobo : Temple Lodging along Zenkoji's Main Approach, Famous for Vegetarian Shojin Cuisine.
- Nagano Dai-Ichi Hotel : Business Hotel Minutes from Nagano Station, Famous for Free Soba Noodles at Breakfast.
- Hotel Metropolitan Nagano : Full-scale "Grand Hotel" Adjacent to Nagano Station.
- Guesthouse Kura : International Guesthouse in a Renovated Historical House in "Storehouse Town" Suzaka.
- Ogawa-no-sho Daimon Shop : Nagano's Own Oyaki Dumplings Cooked on Coals on a Hearth.
- Monzen Machiya Gallery Juniten : 86-year old Renovated Machiya Near the Entrance to Zenkoji.
- Yayoiza : Serving Nagano's Heritage Cuisine at the Entrance to Zenkoji.
- Suyakame Main Store : Original Miso-Based Menu at Zenkoji's Original Miso Maker.
- Cafe Waraku : Pasta & Pancakes in a 'Kura' Storehouse.
- Learning to Make Oyaki Dumplings Near Zenkoji : Make Oyaki Dumplings at Ogawa Village’s Zenkoji Shop.
- Learn How to Make Miso Paste : Learn How to Make Miso Paste at Nagano City’s Premier Miso-Maker Suyakame.
- Guided Tour of Zenkoji Temple : Tour the Venerable Zenkoji Temple with the Knowledgeable Bonsho no Kai Volunteers.
- Insect Cuisine : Are You Brave Enough to Try a Meal of Insects?
- Gibier (Wild Game Meat) : Are You Game to Try Game? Do as the Nagano-ites Do and Eat Wild Game Meat.