Monzen Machiya Gallery Juniten : 門前町屋ギャラリー 十二天
86-year old Renovated Machiya Near the Entrance to Zenkoji.
Local specialty coffee, tea and confectioneries served in tableware handmade by local craftsmen, with an interior featuring traditional Japanese accessories and seasonal flower arrangements combined with the staff's policy of treating each guest with honor. Experience the best of Japan's refined culture and traditions. The antiques and craft works displayed inside the store are available for purchase.
- Hours :
- Date(s) :
- Closed Mondays and Tuesdays and occasionally other days.
- Average Price :
- Cafe menu is approx. 1000
- Credit Cards :
- VISA, MasterCard, Amex
- Reservations :
- Not required(Reservations required for groups.)
- Foreign Languages :
- Seating Style :
- Floor Seating(10 seat(s)), Chairs(10 seat(s))
Credit cards accepted for purchases of over 2000 yen.
tel : +81(0)26-217-2854 Official site
- By Train
- From Nagano Station(JR Hokuriku(Nagano) Shinkansen), Walk up the main street Chuo Dori from Nagano Station, approx. 15 min. Alternatively, take a bus bound for Zenkoji from the Zenkoji Exit and get off at Gondo Iriguchi stop.
- By Car
- From Nagano IC, 30 min.
- 16-1 Higashigocho, Nagano 380-0832
- Zenkoji Temple : The Legendary Temple at the Heart of Nagano City
- Hokusaikan : Actual Works by Woodblock Print Master Hokusai
- St. Cousair's Winery & Vineyards : “Country Comfort” Winery and Garden Terrace
- Aratojo Castle Historical Park : Hilltop Fortress from the Warring States Era
- Matsukawa Gorge : Picturesque River Gorge with 3 Waterfalls and 8 Hot Springs Districts
- Nagano Shimizuya Ryokan : Traditional Ryokan 5-min Walk from Zenkoji Temple
- 1166 Backpackers at Zenkoji Temple : Small Guesthouse in an Old Temple Neighborhood
- Zenkoji Fuchinobo : Temple Lodging along Zenkoji's Main Approach, Famous for Vegetarian Shojin Cuisine.
- Nagano Dai-Ichi Hotel : Business Hotel Minutes from Nagano Station, Famous for Free Soba Noodles at Breakfast.
- Hotel Metropolitan Nagano : Full-scale "Grand Hotel" Adjacent to Nagano Station.
- Ogawa-no-sho Daimon Shop : Nagano's Own Oyaki Dumplings Cooked on Coals on a Hearth.
- Suyakame Main Store : Original Miso-Based Menu at Zenkoji's Original Miso Maker.
- Yayoiza : Serving Nagano's Heritage Cuisine at the Entrance to Zenkoji.
- Cafe Waraku : Pasta & Pancakes in a 'Kura' Storehouse.
- Soba Agare-ya : Stone-milled Soba Eaten Around a Hearth.
- Learning to Make Oyaki Dumplings Near Zenkoji : Make Oyaki Dumplings at Ogawa Village’s Zenkoji Shop.
- Learn How to Make Miso Paste : Learn How to Make Miso Paste at Nagano City’s Premier Miso-Maker Suyakame.
- Guided Tour of Zenkoji Temple : Tour the Venerable Zenkoji Temple with the Knowledgeable Bonsho no Kai Volunteers.
- Insect Cuisine : Are You Brave Enough to Try a Meal of Insects?
- Gibier (Wild Game Meat) : Are You Game to Try Game? Do as the Nagano-ites Do and Eat Wild Game Meat.