Tsugaike Nature Park : 栂池自然園
A 1900 meter Altitude Treasure-Trove of Alpine Flowers
Ride a ski lift up to this high alpine meadow with panoramic views of the Hakuba Mountain Range. Creamy-white “mizubasho” (skunk cabbage) flowers in the spring, a myriad of alpine flowers blooming in the summer, and amazing foliage colors in the fall, transitioning to world-class skiing in the winter make Tsugaike enjoyable all 4 seasons.
- Hours :
- Date(s) :
- Operates daily from 1-Jun. thru 03-Nov.
- Entrance Price :
- Adults 300, Children 250
- Time Required :
- 3-4 hours to walk the full length. 1 hour course also available.
- Reservations :
- Not required
- Luggage Storage :
Private cars are not allowed up to the Tsugaike Nature Park. Visitors can
take the Tsugaike Panorama Way chairlift. Cars can be parked at Tsugaike Kogen's Chuo (Central) lot, Dai-ichi (No.1) or Dai-ni (No.2) parking lots.
Telephone No. is for Tsugaike Mountain Lodge.
tel : +81(0)261-83-3113 Tsugaike Mountain Lodge (栂池山荘) fax : +81(0)261-82-3988 Official site
- By Train
- From Nagano Station(JR Hokuriku(Nagano) Shinkansen), Take the Alpico express bus bound for Hakuba and get off at the Tsugaike stop, approx. 90 min. From Minami Otari Station on the JR Oito Line, take the town bus or taxi, approx. 25 min. From the Tsugaike Kogen Bus Stop via the Tsugaike Panorama Way chairlift, approx. 40 min.
- By Car
- From Nagano IC, via Route 18 and the Hakuba Olympic Highway, then Route 148, approx. 90 min. From the Tsugaike Kogen parking log via the Tsugaike Panorama Way chairlift.
From Azumino IC, via the Northern Alps Panorama Highway and Route 148, approx. 1 hour 50 min. From the Tsugaike Kogen parking log via the Tsugaike Panorama Way chairlift.
- 12883-1 Chikuni-otsu, Otari, Kitaazumi 399-9422
- Zenkoji Temple : The Legendary Temple at the Heart of Nagano City
- Aratojo Castle Historical Park : Hilltop Fortress from the Warring States Era
- St. Cousair's Winery & Vineyards : “Country Comfort” Winery and Garden Terrace
- Hokusaikan : Actual Works by Woodblock Print Master Hokusai
- Matsumoto Castle (National Treasure) : One of Japan's Finest Castles, With the Japanese Alps as a Backdrop
- Hotel Hakuba Berg House : Recently Remodeled Ski Lodge with Views of the Hakuba Mountain Range.
- Hotel Espoir Misawa at Tsugaike : Adjacent to the Tsugaike ski slope At the base of Hakuba Mtn.
- Sierra Resort Hakuba : Hakuba's Luxury Resort Hotel with At-Home Relaxing Feel.
- Hotel La Neige Higashi-kan in Hakuba : Hakuba’s Small, Luxurious Hotel in the Woods.
- Hakuba Mominoki Hotel : Government-registered Luxury Resort Hotel Featuring an Onsen Outdoor Bath.
- Ogino’s Steakhouse : Japanese Wagyu Steaks and Nagano Gibier Wild Game.
- Izakaya Kaz : Stylish Modern Izakaya Featuring Teppanyaki Grill and Sushi.
- Shara Japanese Restaurant : Locally-Run Restaurant Serving Sushi, Tempura, Shabu-shabu and Sukiyaki.
- The Pub : Hakuba's Authentic English Pub with Darts and Pool.
- The Beach Bar : Southern Tropical Beach-Themed Bar in the Hakuba's Wadano neighborhood.
- Hiking to Happo-ike Pond : Take in the Stunning Views of Happo Pond High Up in the Hakuba Range.
- Alpine Yoga : Yoga Training in the Midst of the Hakuba Mountains.
- Search for Hidden Hamlet : Go Trekking to Find Otari Village’s Hamlet Only Accessible on Foot
- 'Kanjiki' Snow Shoes Making Workshop & Hike : Make a Bit of Nagano’s Deep Snow Heritage: Kanjiki Traditional Snow Shoes.
- Barrel Bath at Rinrinkan : Build a Fire to Heat the Water for your own Barrel Bath.