1166 Backpackers at Zenkoji Temple : 1166バックパッカーズ
Small Guesthouse in an Old Temple Neighborhood
Located within easy walking distance of the national treasure Zenkoji Temple. Cafes, restaurants, soba shops and a sake brewery nearby. Convenient to Togakushi, Jigokudani Wild Monkey Park, skiing, Matsumoto, Obuse, etc.
- Check-In :
- Check-Out :
- Price of Accommodation :
- ¥2,600-3,000 (meals not provided)
- Credit Cards :
- VISA, MasterCard, Amex
- Reservations :
- Capacity :
- Foreign Languages :
- Room Types :
- Japanese Style(1 room(s)), Western Style(2 room(s))
- Area Sightseeing Info :
- Linens Included :
- Luggage Storage :
- Washing Machine :
Bedrooms have bunkbeds and all rooms are dormitory style.
tel : +81(0)26-217-2816 Official site
- By Train
- From Nagano(JR Hokuriku(Nagano) Shinkansen), 18 min on foot.
Alternatively, take a bus bound for Zenkoji from Platform #1 outside the Zenkoji Exit. Get off at the Hana no Koji stop (6 min). Walk towards Zenkoji past 2 buildings and take the small road on the left. At the next intersection cross diagonally to the left.
- By Car
- From Nagano IC, R35/R117 to Route 19 and proceed to the Shinshu U. intersection. Turn right, then immediate right at the Nishimachi intersection. Guesthouse will be on the right. No dedicated parking.
- 1048 Nishimachi, Nagano 380-0842
- Zenkoji Temple : The Legendary Temple at the Heart of Nagano City
- St. Cousair's Winery & Vineyards : “Country Comfort” Winery and Garden Terrace
- Hokusaikan : Actual Works by Woodblock Print Master Hokusai
- Aratojo Castle Historical Park : Hilltop Fortress from the Warring States Era
- Matsukawa Gorge : Picturesque River Gorge with 3 Waterfalls and 8 Hot Springs Districts
- Nagano Shimizuya Ryokan : Traditional Ryokan 5-min Walk from Zenkoji Temple
- Zenkoji Fuchinobo : Temple Lodging along Zenkoji's Main Approach, Famous for Vegetarian Shojin Cuisine.
- Nagano Dai-Ichi Hotel : Business Hotel Minutes from Nagano Station, Famous for Free Soba Noodles at Breakfast.
- Hotel Metropolitan Nagano : Full-scale "Grand Hotel" Adjacent to Nagano Station.
- Guesthouse Kura : International Guesthouse in a Renovated Historical House in "Storehouse Town" Suzaka.
- Ogawa-no-sho Daimon Shop : Nagano's Own Oyaki Dumplings Cooked on Coals on a Hearth.
- Monzen Machiya Gallery Juniten : 86-year old Renovated Machiya Near the Entrance to Zenkoji.
- Yayoiza : Serving Nagano's Heritage Cuisine at the Entrance to Zenkoji.
- Suyakame Main Store : Original Miso-Based Menu at Zenkoji's Original Miso Maker.
- Cafe Waraku : Pasta & Pancakes in a 'Kura' Storehouse.
- Learning to Make Oyaki Dumplings Near Zenkoji : Make Oyaki Dumplings at Ogawa Village’s Zenkoji Shop.
- Learn How to Make Miso Paste : Learn How to Make Miso Paste at Nagano City’s Premier Miso-Maker Suyakame.
- Guided Tour of Zenkoji Temple : Tour the Venerable Zenkoji Temple with the Knowledgeable Bonsho no Kai Volunteers.
- Insect Cuisine : Are You Brave Enough to Try a Meal of Insects?
- Gibier (Wild Game Meat) : Are You Game to Try Game? Do as the Nagano-ites Do and Eat Wild Game Meat.