Ogawa-no-sho Daimon Shop : 小川の庄 大門店
Nagano's Own Oyaki Dumplings Cooked on Coals on a Hearth.
Mountainous Nagano has a lack of land suitable for growing rice, hence a tendency for flour-based cuisine with oyaki dumplings being a prime example. Ogawa-no-sho's oyaki chefs roll the flour into shells as soft as earlobes, season it with miso and soy sauce and add seasonal vegetables, then steam or grill them as is the fashion in northern Nagano. The shop's specialty are its Jomon Oyaki grilled over coals at the irori hearth as has been done since prehistoric times.
- Hours :
- Date(s) :
- Closed Wednesdays (or if a national holiday, then the following day)
- Average Price :
- Reservations :
- Not required
- Foreign Languages :
- English, Picture menu available.
- Seating Style :
- Chairs(20 seat(s))
tel : +81(0)26-232-5786 Official site
- By Train
- From Nagano Station(JR Hokuriku(Nagano) Shinkansen), Walk up Chuo-Dori (the main street) to the north towards Zenkoji Temple (approx. 20 min)
- By Car
- From Nagano IC, Follow the signs to Zenkoji Temple, approx. 30 min. Located along Chuo Dori street.
- Patio Daimon,53 Daimon-cho, Nagano 380-0841
- Zenkoji Temple : The Legendary Temple at the Heart of Nagano City
- St. Cousair's Winery & Vineyards : “Country Comfort” Winery and Garden Terrace
- Hokusaikan : Actual Works by Woodblock Print Master Hokusai
- Aratojo Castle Historical Park : Hilltop Fortress from the Warring States Era
- Matsukawa Gorge : Picturesque River Gorge with 3 Waterfalls and 8 Hot Springs Districts
- Nagano Shimizuya Ryokan : Traditional Ryokan 5-min Walk from Zenkoji Temple
- 1166 Backpackers at Zenkoji Temple : Small Guesthouse in an Old Temple Neighborhood
- Zenkoji Fuchinobo : Temple Lodging along Zenkoji's Main Approach, Famous for Vegetarian Shojin Cuisine.
- Nagano Dai-Ichi Hotel : Business Hotel Minutes from Nagano Station, Famous for Free Soba Noodles at Breakfast.
- Hotel Metropolitan Nagano : Full-scale "Grand Hotel" Adjacent to Nagano Station.
- Yayoiza : Serving Nagano's Heritage Cuisine at the Entrance to Zenkoji.
- Monzen Machiya Gallery Juniten : 86-year old Renovated Machiya Near the Entrance to Zenkoji.
- Suyakame Main Store : Original Miso-Based Menu at Zenkoji's Original Miso Maker.
- Cafe Waraku : Pasta & Pancakes in a 'Kura' Storehouse.
- Soba Agare-ya : Stone-milled Soba Eaten Around a Hearth.
- Learning to Make Oyaki Dumplings Near Zenkoji : Make Oyaki Dumplings at Ogawa Village’s Zenkoji Shop.
- Learn How to Make Miso Paste : Learn How to Make Miso Paste at Nagano City’s Premier Miso-Maker Suyakame.
- Guided Tour of Zenkoji Temple : Tour the Venerable Zenkoji Temple with the Knowledgeable Bonsho no Kai Volunteers.
- Insect Cuisine : Are You Brave Enough to Try a Meal of Insects?
- Gibier (Wild Game Meat) : Are You Game to Try Game? Do as the Nagano-ites Do and Eat Wild Game Meat.