Places of Lodging - Ryokan Hotel
Mountainside Tokiwakan in Komoro : 菱野温泉 常盤館
Ride a Cable Car to an Above-The-Clouds Outdoor Onsen Bath.
Access to Tokiwakan's above-the-clouds panoramic outdoor onsen bath (nicknamed "Kumonosuke", the 'cloud fellow'), is via the hotel's own cable car. Guests get to push the button themselves to operate the rickety car up the side of the mountain. From the bath's 1,050 m altitude, bathers can enjoy vistas of the Saku Plain below and Mt. Yatsugatake and even Mt. Fuji in the distance. From 06:30-08:30 and 11:00-21:00, guests can enjoy the baths any time they like.
For meals, rice is cooked using a 'kamado' wood stove and the dinners feature locally-grown vegetables and the famous Saku Goi (carp raised in Saku).
- Check-In :
- Check-Out :
- Price of Accommodation :
- Credit Cards :
- VISA, MasterCard
- Reservations :
- Capacity :
- Foreign Languages :
- Japanese, English
- Room Types :
- Japanese Style(32 room(s)) : Western Style(3 room(s))
- Area Sightseeing Info :
- Linens Included :
- Luggage Storage :
- Washing Machine :
- Not Available
tel : +81(0)267-22-0516 fax : +81(0)267-23-5648 Official site
- By Train
- From Komoro Station(Shinano Railway), By taxi, 15 min. Free pick-up service available for overnight guests (advance reservation required). Departs Komoro Station at 14:55 (subject to change). Pick-up service for day-use guests available for groups of 8 or more.
- By Car
- From Komoro IC, via Asama Sun Line highway towards Karuizawa. Turn left at the Hishino intersection. (Approx. 12 min)
- Sightseeing Spots
- Komoro Castle Ruins Kaikoen : Unusual "Castle in a Hole" with Beautifully Landscaped Grounds
- Oiwake-juku Post Town : Historical Crossroads Post Town Popular with Literary Scholars
- Unno-juku Post Town : Post Town with Distinctive Architecture and Beautiful Streetscape
- Shiraito Waterfall : 70 meter-Wide Sylvan Waterfall
- Former Mikasa Hotel : Karuizawa's Landmark Japanese-built “Western” Hotel
- Places of Lodging
- Nakadanasou in Komoro : Old-fashioned Inn, Favorite of Shimazaki Toson. A Quiet Retreat for Adults.
- Takamine Onsen "Lamp Inn" : Romantic “Oil Lamp”-themed inn located at 2000 m featuring a panoramic “Above-the-Clouds” Bath.
- Hoshinoya Karuizawa : “Discover the Ultimate Japan Experience”
- Karuizawa's Cottage inn Log-Cabin : Log Cabin in the Woods -- Best Way to Enjoy Karuizawa's Nature.
- Candytuft : Small, Family-run Pension in the Heart of Sylvan Karuizawa.
- Teisyaba Garden : Tea Time in a Community Flower Garden.
- Shabu-shabu Log-tei : Wagyu dining in Karuizawa's forest.
- Kokuzo : Natural Yeast Artisan Bread Shop in a 150-Year Old Farmhouse.
- Karuizawa Torimikura : Poultry Restaurant boasting Local-Sourcing and Local-Cuisine.
- Sasa : Popular Soba and other Japanese Dishes at Reasonable Prices.
- Onsen-by-Cable-Car: Hishino Onsen Tokiwakan : Ride a Cable Car up to Tokiwakan’s Panorama Onsen Baths.
- Jam-Making and Jam Factory Tour : Learn How to Make Jam From a Professional
- Flying Squirrel Watching Tour : Twilight Forest Walk to See Flying Squirrels.
- Curling Lesson 60 : Try Your Hand at Curling at Japan's Largest Year-Round Curling Center.
- Glass Blowing in Karuizawa : Try a New Experience While Visiting Nagano – Glassblowing!