Yakimochiya : 季の山・雲海・かやぶきの宿 やきもち家
Old 'Kominka' Farmhouse-Styled Thatched-Roof Building Featuring an Irori Hearth.
Located in an old farmhouse in between central Nagano City and Hakuba Village. Enter the thatched-roof building and you will feel the warmth of the irori hearth and smell the firewood, just as in the old days. At the hearth, Yakimochiya's trademark oyaki dumplings are cooked in the coals. The glow of the coals is mesmerizing at night, and in the morning, many times the inn looks out over a sea of clouds covering the valley below.
- Check-In :
- Check-Out :
- Price of Accommodation :
- Credit Cards :
- VISA, MasterCard, Amex
- Reservations :
- Capacity :
- 45 people
- Foreign Languages :
- Room Types :
- Japanese Style(7 room(s)), Western Style(2 room(s))
- Area Sightseeing Info :
- Linens Included :
- Luggage Storage :
- Washing Machine :
- Not Available
tel : +81(0)26-267-2641 fax : +81(0)26-268-3924 Official site
- By Train
- From Nagano Station(JR Hokuriku(Nagano) Shinkansen), Take the Alpico bus bound for Takafu and use the Nakajyo stop which is 6km from Yakimochiya. Shuttle is available with prior arrangement.
From Hakuba, take the Alpico express bus bound for Nagano and get off at the Ogawa Shinden stop, which is 10km from Yakimochiya. Again, shuttle is available with prior arrangement.
- By Car
- From Nagano IC, via Route 19, 40 min.
- 5286-1 Nakajo Kusagano, Nagano 381-3202
- Zenkoji Temple : The Legendary Temple at the Heart of Nagano City
- Aratojo Castle Historical Park : Hilltop Fortress from the Warring States Era
- St. Cousair's Winery & Vineyards : “Country Comfort” Winery and Garden Terrace
- Tsugaike Nature Park : A 1900 meter Altitude Treasure-Trove of Alpine Flowers
- Hokusaikan : Actual Works by Woodblock Print Master Hokusai
- Oumei-tei Tsuji Ryokan : Togakushi Inn Famous for Soba (Buckwheat) Kaiseki Meals
- Togakushi Campsite : Camp in an Open Field at the Base of Picturesque Togakushi Mountain.
- 1166 Backpackers at Zenkoji Temple : Small Guesthouse in an Old Temple Neighborhood
- Hotel Metropolitan Nagano : Full-scale "Grand Hotel" Adjacent to Nagano Station.
- Nagano Shimizuya Ryokan : Traditional Ryokan 5-min Walk from Zenkoji Temple
- Suyakame Main Store : Original Miso-Based Menu at Zenkoji's Original Miso Maker.
- Yayoiza : Serving Nagano's Heritage Cuisine at the Entrance to Zenkoji.
- Monzen Machiya Gallery Juniten : 86-year old Renovated Machiya Near the Entrance to Zenkoji.
- Ogawa-no-sho Daimon Shop : Nagano's Own Oyaki Dumplings Cooked on Coals on a Hearth.
- Kikyoya : Simply Hakuba's Best Sushi.
- Oyaki Dumpling Making at Yakimochiya : Learn How to Make Oyaki Dumplings at the Hearth of this Thatched Roof Farmhouse.
- Learn How to Make Oyaki Dumplings at Ogawa Village : Venture to Ogawa Village, the Oyaki Heartland, to Make Dumplings.
- Barrel Bath at Rinrinkan : Build a Fire to Heat the Water for your own Barrel Bath.
- Soba-Uchi (Making Buckwheat Noodles) at Togakushi Tonkururin : Make Soba Noodles by Hand at Buckwheat Mecca Togakushi.
- Hiking to Togakushi's Giant Cedar Trees : Nature’s Power Awaits You at the Massive Cedar Trees Lining the Path to ‘Okusha’.