Obuse's Half Marathon
Obuse Mini Marathon : 小布施町
Quirky Half-Marathon in the Quaint Town of Obuse.
Known as the Obuse Mi-ni Marathon ("mi-ni" also means "Come See" in Japanese), this flamboyant road race through the back roads and byways of the chestnut village, Obuse, is a lighthearted even put on by the townspeople for the enjoyment of the participants and visitors.
More of a fun-run to enjoy this enchanting town than a serious road race, the Obuse Half-Marathon is popular event that the town of Obuse puts on every July. It seems like the whole town, young and old, come out to cheer on the 8,000-or so runners, many of whom dress up in whimsical costumes. Obuse has some major tourist attractions such as the Hokusai Museum and chestnut sweet shops, but the Half-Marathon is a chance to see some of the lesser known areas of the town.
- Hours :
- Starts 6:00-
- Date(s) :
- Event takes place in July. Confirm actual date with the official website.
2017 date is July 16th.
- Cost / Price of Admission :
- Confirm with the official website.
- Time Required :
- 5 hours
- Reservations :
- Required(Registration required to run in the marathon.)
- # of Participants :
- Foreign Languages :
- English (Available the day of the race.)
- Luggage Storage :
Registration required to participate. Baggage storage available but now valuables.
Above address is the location of the start of the race. Race office address is 2408-9 Obuse Hayashi, Obuse Town, Kamitakai-gun, Nagano Pref. 381-0201
- By Train
- From Obuse Station(Nagano Dentetsu Nagano Line), the race starts.
- By Car
- Public Transportation is recommended.
- 1497-2 Obuse, Obuse 381-0201
- Hokusaikan : Actual Works by Woodblock Print Master Hokusai
- St. Cousair's Winery & Vineyards : “Country Comfort” Winery and Garden Terrace
- Zenkoji Temple : The Legendary Temple at the Heart of Nagano City
- Matsukawa Gorge : Picturesque River Gorge with 3 Waterfalls and 8 Hot Springs Districts
- Nozawa Onsen Sparina : Year-Round Bath House with Onsen Pool
- Guesthouse Obuse : 4-Room Hotel / Tea Shop / Guide Center.
- Vent Vert : French Country-style Auberge in Quaint Obuse
- Guesthouse Kura : International Guesthouse in a Renovated Historical House in "Storehouse Town" Suzaka.
- Uotoshi Ryokan in Yudanaka : Ryokan with a Kyudo (Japanese Archery) Range.
- Yudanaka Seifuso : Family-run Traditional Ryokan 2-min from Yudanaka Station with Private Onsen Bath and WiFi.
- Cafe Waraku : Pasta & Pancakes in a 'Kura' Storehouse.
- Soba Agare-ya : Stone-milled Soba Eaten Around a Hearth.
- Restaurant ST. COUSAIR : European-Style Restaurant Overlooking a Field of Wine Grapes.
- Chanko Cuisine Tamaya : Reasonably-Priced Healthy "Chanko" Stews.
- Yayoiza : Serving Nagano's Heritage Cuisine at the Entrance to Zenkoji.
- Edo Bento & Gardens at the Tanaka Residence : Eat as a Wealthy Edo-Era Merchant Did with Tanaka House’s Re-Created Edo Bento.
- Nakano Clay Doll Painting : Paint Your Own Artistic Nakano Clay Doll.
- Zazen Meditation -- With a German Priestess at Horakuan : Practice Zazen Meditation with Guidance in English or German in Suzaka.
- Ice Skating at M-Wave : Feel Like an Olympic Speedskater at M-Wave’s Olympic Ice Rink.
- Try Your Hand at Kyudo (Japanese Archery) : Experience Kyudo, Japan’s Spiritual Version of Archery.