Ice Skating at M-Wave
M-Wave（Nagano Olympic Memorial Arena） : エムウェーブ（長野市オリンピック記念アリーナ）
Feel Like an Olympic Speedskater at M-Wave’s Olympic Ice Rink.
Sense what it's like to ice skate at M-Wave, the speed skating venue for the 1998 Nagano Olympics! Nagano City's M-Wave was the speed skating venue for the 1998 Winter Olympics. Often times during open public sessions, local speed skating athletes are practicing so you can see their graceful form as they whiz around the rink.
M-Wave features the professionally-maintained, Olympic-quality 400m oval as well as a 30m x 60m hockey rink. Even if one is being zamboni'd, the other is open for skating. Full line of rental skates are available. Be sure to check out the Nagano Olympics Memorial Museum (the only one of its kind in Japan), open 10:00-17:00, free of charge.
- Hours :
- Varies daily. Check the event schedule before going on the website (Japanese language)
- Date(s) :
- Skating rink in operation from mid-Oct. to early March. Public sessions not available during competitions. Check schedule before going. (Purple denotes closed to public skating.)
- Cost / Price of Admission :
- Skating ¥1,540 for adults, ¥820 for middle school and younger. Weekday discount. Discount for groups of 20+. Skate rental ¥610.
- Reservations :
- Not required(not necessary)
- Foreign Languages :
- (English Pamphlet available. Some English signage.)
- Luggage Storage :
Full line of ice skate rental (figure, speed, ice hockey) from 15cm (figure) to 31cm size. Credit cards accepted at the skate shop.
tel : +81(0)26-222-3300 fax : +81(0)26-222-3222 Official site
- By Train
- From Nagano Station(JR Hokuriku(Nagano) Shinkansen), East Exit, take Nagaden local bus #8 bound for Suzaka & Yashima or #8 bound for Watauchi & Yashima. Get off at the M-Wave-mae bus stop, approx. 15 min., then on foot 2 minutes.
- By Car
- From Suzaka Nagano East IC, turn left (east) on to Route 58, approx. 5 min. M-Wave will be on the left.
- 195 Kita-Nagaike, Nagano 381-0025
- Zenkoji Temple : The Legendary Temple at the Heart of Nagano City
- Hokusaikan : Actual Works by Woodblock Print Master Hokusai
- St. Cousair's Winery & Vineyards : “Country Comfort” Winery and Garden Terrace
- Aratojo Castle Historical Park : Hilltop Fortress from the Warring States Era
- Matsukawa Gorge : Picturesque River Gorge with 3 Waterfalls and 8 Hot Springs Districts
- Nagano Dai-Ichi Hotel : Business Hotel Minutes from Nagano Station, Famous for Free Soba Noodles at Breakfast.
- Hotel Metropolitan Nagano : Full-scale "Grand Hotel" Adjacent to Nagano Station.
- Nagano Shimizuya Ryokan : Traditional Ryokan 5-min Walk from Zenkoji Temple
- Zenkoji Fuchinobo : Temple Lodging along Zenkoji's Main Approach, Famous for Vegetarian Shojin Cuisine.
- 1166 Backpackers at Zenkoji Temple : Small Guesthouse in an Old Temple Neighborhood
- Monzen Machiya Gallery Juniten : 86-year old Renovated Machiya Near the Entrance to Zenkoji.
- Ogawa-no-sho Daimon Shop : Nagano's Own Oyaki Dumplings Cooked on Coals on a Hearth.
- Suyakame Main Store : Original Miso-Based Menu at Zenkoji's Original Miso Maker.
- Yayoiza : Serving Nagano's Heritage Cuisine at the Entrance to Zenkoji.
- Cafe Waraku : Pasta & Pancakes in a 'Kura' Storehouse.
- Insect Cuisine : Are You Brave Enough to Try a Meal of Insects?
- Gibier (Wild Game Meat) : Are You Game to Try Game? Do as the Nagano-ites Do and Eat Wild Game Meat.
- Learning to Make Oyaki Dumplings Near Zenkoji : Make Oyaki Dumplings at Ogawa Village’s Zenkoji Shop.
- Learn How to Make Miso Paste : Learn How to Make Miso Paste at Nagano City’s Premier Miso-Maker Suyakame.
- Guided Tour of Zenkoji Temple : Tour the Venerable Zenkoji Temple with the Knowledgeable Bonsho no Kai Volunteers.