Jinpyo-kaku Honten in Kanbayashi Onsen : 上林温泉 塵表閣 本店
Old-Fashioned Inn Loved by Literary and Political Greats.
4th-generation old-fashioned traditional Japanese inn dating back over 100 years to the founding of Kanbayashi Onsen, 1901. Located at the trailhead to Jigokudani Wild Monkey Park (30 minutes on foot). Many literary and political greats have stayed here as evidenced by the numerous works of writing and antiques on display. The garden features a variety of trees with stepping-stone paths for wandering. Traditional, historical inn with its own onsen source and only 6 guestrooms, each updated with modern conveniences. Meals are proudly handmade by the proprietress in warm, countryside simplicity.
- Check-In :
- Check-Out :
- Price of Accommodation :
- Credit Cards :
- VISA, MasterCard
- Reservations :
- Foreign Languages :
- English (Simple English spoken.)
- Room Types :
- Japanese Style(6 room(s))
- Area Sightseeing Info :
- Linens Included :
- Luggage Storage :
- Washing Machine :
- Not Available
tel : +81(0)269-33-3151 fax : +81(0)269-33-2638 Official site
- By Train
- From Yudanaka Station(Nagano Dentetsu Nagano Line), via Nagaden Bus for Kanbayashi Onsen. Get off at the Kanbayashi Onsen stop (approx. 15 min), then 1 min on foot.
- By Car
- From Shinshu-Nakano IC, via Route 292 (Olympic Highway) to the Kutsuno-Shibu interchange, approx. 30 min.
- Kanbayashi-onsen, Yamanouchi, Shimotakai 381-0401
- Matsukawa Gorge : Picturesque River Gorge with 3 Waterfalls and 8 Hot Springs Districts
- Hokusaikan : Actual Works by Woodblock Print Master Hokusai
- St. Cousair's Winery & Vineyards : “Country Comfort” Winery and Garden Terrace
- Nozawa Onsen Sparina : Year-Round Bath House with Onsen Pool
- Zenkoji Temple : The Legendary Temple at the Heart of Nagano City
- Senshinkan Matsuya : Friendly, Family-Run Inn in the Heart of Shibu Onsen.
- Kokuya in Shibu Onsen : Sukiya (Tea House)-Style Ryokan Founded 400 Years Ago, Close to Jigokudani Wild Monkey Park.
- Kanaguya : Iconic 4-story Wooden Ryokan in Historical Shibu Onsen
- Ryokan Biyu no Yado : Located in the heart of Yudanaka Onsen, Convenient to the Snow Monkeys.
- Shimaya Ryokan : Renowned Heartfelt Friendly Service Proudly Providing True Japanese Ryokan Hospitality.
- Enza café & ramen enza : A stylish café and ramen restaurant located at the trail head leading to the Snow Monkey Park
- Chanko Cuisine Tamaya : Reasonably-Priced Healthy "Chanko" Stews.
- Soba Agare-ya : Stone-milled Soba Eaten Around a Hearth.
- Cafe Waraku : Pasta & Pancakes in a 'Kura' Storehouse.
- Cafe Satowa : New Style 'Michi-no-Eki' Road Station Serving Breakfast, too.
- Onsen-Hopping at Shibu Onsen : Soak in Shibu Onsen’s 9 Public Baths for Good Luck.
- Photographing Japanese Macaques in the Wild : Observe Japanese Monkeys Up-Close in Their Natural Habitat
- Try Your Hand at Kyudo (Japanese Archery) : Experience Kyudo, Japan’s Spiritual Version of Archery.
- Nakano Clay Doll Painting : Paint Your Own Artistic Nakano Clay Doll.
- Zazen Meditation -- With a German Priestess at Horakuan : Practice Zazen Meditation with Guidance in English or German in Suzaka.