Kokuya in Shibu Onsen : 古久屋
Sukiya (Tea House)-Style Ryokan Founded 400 Years Ago, Close to Jigokudani Wild Monkey Park.
Located in the center of Shibu Onsen which boasts a 1300-year history. Perfect for making the rounds to Shibu's public baths. Kokuya's proprietor is automatically bestowed the title "Ichizaemon", and the current proprietor is the 16th generation. The inn has 6 of their own unique onsen sources. The plentiful onsen flow and nouveau kaiseki-style cuisine featuring locally-sourced ingredients are the inn's main draws. At the entrance to the banquet room is a window embedded in the floor looking down to one of the onsen sources bubbling up to the surface.
- Check-In :
- Check-Out :
- Price of Accommodation :
- Credit Cards :
- VISA, MasterCard, Amex
- Reservations :
- Capacity :
- Foreign Languages :
- English (English is spoken. English menu available.)
- Room Types :
- Japanese Style(19 room(s))
- Area Sightseeing Info :
- Linens Included :
- Luggage Storage :
- Washing Machine :
- Not Available
tel : +81(0)269-33-2511 fax : +81(0)269-33-4597 Official site
- By Train
- From Yudanaka Station(Nagano Dentetsu Nagano Line), via Nagaden Bus for Kanbayashi Onsen, get off at the Shibuwagobashi stop (10 min), then 2 min on foot. Or, from the station by taxi, approx. 8 min.
Shuttle service available for parties of 2 or more (prior reservation required).
- By Car
- From Shinshu-Nakano IC, via R292 15km (approx. 17 min.). Use Shibu Onsen's O-Yu public bath as your landmark.
- Shibu Onsen, Yamanouchi, Shimotakai 381-0400
- Matsukawa Gorge : Picturesque River Gorge with 3 Waterfalls and 8 Hot Springs Districts
- Hokusaikan : Actual Works by Woodblock Print Master Hokusai
- St. Cousair's Winery & Vineyards : “Country Comfort” Winery and Garden Terrace
- Nozawa Onsen Sparina : Year-Round Bath House with Onsen Pool
- Zenkoji Temple : The Legendary Temple at the Heart of Nagano City
- Kanaguya : Iconic 4-story Wooden Ryokan in Historical Shibu Onsen
- Senshinkan Matsuya : Friendly, Family-Run Inn in the Heart of Shibu Onsen.
- Jinpyo-kaku Honten in Kanbayashi Onsen : Old-Fashioned Inn Loved by Literary and Political Greats.
- Ryokan Biyu no Yado : Located in the heart of Yudanaka Onsen, Convenient to the Snow Monkeys.
- Shimaya Ryokan : Renowned Heartfelt Friendly Service Proudly Providing True Japanese Ryokan Hospitality.
- Enza café & ramen enza : A stylish café and ramen restaurant located at the trail head leading to the Snow Monkey Park
- Chanko Cuisine Tamaya : Reasonably-Priced Healthy "Chanko" Stews.
- Soba Agare-ya : Stone-milled Soba Eaten Around a Hearth.
- Cafe Waraku : Pasta & Pancakes in a 'Kura' Storehouse.
- Cafe Satowa : New Style 'Michi-no-Eki' Road Station Serving Breakfast, too.
- Onsen-Hopping at Shibu Onsen : Soak in Shibu Onsen’s 9 Public Baths for Good Luck.
- Try Your Hand at Kyudo (Japanese Archery) : Experience Kyudo, Japan’s Spiritual Version of Archery.
- Photographing Japanese Macaques in the Wild : Observe Japanese Monkeys Up-Close in Their Natural Habitat
- Nakano Clay Doll Painting : Paint Your Own Artistic Nakano Clay Doll.
- Zazen Meditation -- With a German Priestess at Horakuan : Practice Zazen Meditation with Guidance in English or German in Suzaka.