Takamine Onsen "Lamp Inn" : ランプの宿 高峰温泉
Romantic “Oil Lamp”-themed inn located at 2000 m featuring a panoramic “Above-the-Clouds” Bath.
Located on a ridge on Takamine Mountain 2000 m above sea level, the secluded inn looks out over the Takamine Gorge with the Chuou Alps in the far distance. Optional Tours offered on a regular basis include snowshoe trekking, bird watching, and stargazing.
- Check-In :
- Check-Out :
- Price of Accommodation :
- Reservations :
- Capacity :
- Foreign Languages :
- English (Basic English spoken.)
- Room Types :
- Japanese Style(23 room(s))
- Area Sightseeing Info :
- Linens Included :
- Luggage Storage :
- Washing Machine :
- Not Available
Feel like one with nature with the 'above-the-clouds' outdoor bath. However, in bad weather (high winds, temperatures lower than -5℃), bath will be closed.
tel : +81(0)267-25-2000 fax : +81(0)267-22-5331 Official site
- By Train
- From Sakudaira Station(JR Hokuriku(Nagano) Shinkansen), Bus to Takamine Onsen via Komoro Station. Approx. 70 min. 1 per day. (In winter, bus goes to Asama 2000 Ski Area. From there, free snowcat shuttle service.) Otherwise, taxi, 45 min, 8500 yen.
- By Car
- From Komoro IC, From Komoro IC, take the Asama Sun Line (Route 80) west 2.5km. After passing through the Takatsuya Tunnel turn right and loop around to Cherry Park Line and go up, up, up to Takamine Kougen, approx. 40 min.
- 704-1,Takamine-kougen Hishidaira, Komoro 384-0041
- Komoro Castle Ruins Kaikoen : Unusual "Castle in a Hole" with Beautifully Landscaped Grounds
- Oiwake-juku Post Town : Historical Crossroads Post Town Popular with Literary Scholars
- Shiraito Waterfall : 70 meter-Wide Sylvan Waterfall
- Unno-juku Post Town : Post Town with Distinctive Architecture and Beautiful Streetscape
- Former Mikasa Hotel : Karuizawa's Landmark Japanese-built “Western” Hotel
- Mountainside Tokiwakan in Komoro : Ride a Cable Car to an Above-The-Clouds Outdoor Onsen Bath.
- Nakadanasou in Komoro : Old-fashioned Inn, Favorite of Shimazaki Toson. A Quiet Retreat for Adults.
- Hoshinoya Karuizawa : “Discover the Ultimate Japan Experience”
- Karuizawa's Cottage inn Log-Cabin : Log Cabin in the Woods -- Best Way to Enjoy Karuizawa's Nature.
- Candytuft : Small, Family-run Pension in the Heart of Sylvan Karuizawa.
- Teisyaba Garden : Tea Time in a Community Flower Garden.
- Shabu-shabu Log-tei : Wagyu dining in Karuizawa's forest.
- Kokuzo : Natural Yeast Artisan Bread Shop in a 150-Year Old Farmhouse.
- Karuizawa Torimikura : Poultry Restaurant boasting Local-Sourcing and Local-Cuisine.
- Akaneya Coffee : Cafe Where Every Menu Item is an Original.
- Onsen-by-Cable-Car : Ride a Cable Car up to Tokiwakan’s Panorama Onsen Baths.
- Flying Squirrel Watching Tour : Twilight Forest Walk to See Flying Squirrels.
- Jam-Making and Jam Factory Tour : Learn How to Make Jam From a Professional
- Curling Lesson 60 : Try Your Hand at Curling at Japan's Largest Year-Round Curling Center.
- Glass Blowing in Karuizawa : Try a New Experience While Visiting Nagano – Glassblowing!