Kanaguya : 歴史の宿 金具屋
Iconic 4-story Wooden Ryokan in Historical Shibu Onsen
Built in 1936, Kanaguya is a classic representation of the elegant wooden ryokan construction style of that era. Especially noteworthy is the 4-story 'Saigetsuro" portion that is registered as an Important National Cultural Property and gives the image of being right out of an anime movie. Kanaguya boasts 4 separate onsen sources and provides the mineral water 100% free-flowing to the 8 various baths. Each of the 29 guestrooms are built with a distinct layout -- no two are alike. Tours of the Cultural Property features as well as of the 4 onsen sources are available. Guests can have a one-of-a-kind historical ryokan experience here.
- Check-In :
- Check-Out :
- Price of Accommodation :
- ¥From 17,430 per person, minimum 2 people.
- Credit Cards :
- VISA, MasterCard, Amex
- Reservations :
- Capacity :
- Foreign Languages :
- English (Minimal English spoken.)
- Room Types :
- Japanese Style(28 room(s))
- Area Sightseeing Info :
- Linens Included :
- Luggage Storage :
- Washing Machine :
- Not Available
Only partial elevator access.
tel : +81(0)269-33-3131 fax : +81(0)269-33-3135 Official site
- By Train
- From Yudanaka Station(Nagano Dentetsu Nagano Line), 10 min via bus bound for Shiga Kogen. From the Shibuwagobashi stop, 2 min on foot.
- By Car
- From Shinshu-Nakano IC, via Route 292 towards Shiga Kogen. 12km (approx. 20 min)
- 2202 Hirao, Yamanouchi, Shimotakai 381-0401
- Matsukawa Gorge : Picturesque River Gorge with 3 Waterfalls and 8 Hot Springs Districts
- Hokusaikan : Actual Works by Woodblock Print Master Hokusai
- St. Cousair's Winery & Vineyards : “Country Comfort” Winery and Garden Terrace
- Nozawa Onsen Sparina : Year-Round Bath House with Onsen Pool
- Zenkoji Temple : The Legendary Temple at the Heart of Nagano City
- Kokuya in Shibu Onsen : Sukiya (Tea House)-Style Ryokan Founded 400 Years Ago, Close to Jigokudani Wild Monkey Park.
- Senshinkan Matsuya : Friendly, Family-Run Inn in the Heart of Shibu Onsen.
- Jinpyo-kaku Honten in Kanbayashi Onsen : Old-Fashioned Inn Loved by Literary and Political Greats.
- Ryokan Biyu no Yado : Located in the heart of Yudanaka Onsen, Convenient to the Snow Monkeys.
- Shimaya Ryokan : Renowned Heartfelt Friendly Service Proudly Providing True Japanese Ryokan Hospitality.
- Enza café & ramen enza : A stylish café and ramen restaurant located at the trail head leading to the Snow Monkey Park
- Chanko Cuisine Tamaya : Reasonably-Priced Healthy "Chanko" Stews.
- Soba Agare-ya : Stone-milled Soba Eaten Around a Hearth.
- Cafe Waraku : Pasta & Pancakes in a 'Kura' Storehouse.
- Cafe Satowa : New Style 'Michi-no-Eki' Road Station Serving Breakfast, too.
- Onsen-Hopping at Shibu Onsen : Soak in Shibu Onsen’s 9 Public Baths for Good Luck.
- Try Your Hand at Kyudo (Japanese Archery) : Experience Kyudo, Japan’s Spiritual Version of Archery.
- Photographing Japanese Macaques in the Wild : Observe Japanese Monkeys Up-Close in Their Natural Habitat
- Nakano Clay Doll Painting : Paint Your Own Artistic Nakano Clay Doll.
- Zazen Meditation -- With a German Priestess at Horakuan : Practice Zazen Meditation with Guidance in English or German in Suzaka.