Accommodation - Traditional Ryokan
Matsumoto's Ryokan (Hotel) Marumo : 旅館（ホテル）まるも
"Dozo" Storehouse-styled Inn Steeped in Matsumoto's Castle Town Ambience.
With a history dating back to 1868 and its present building constructed in 1887, Marumo is a "Dozo" earthen-walled storehouse style structure with traditional white plaster facade and black tile roof, popular with tourists from overseas. Located across the Mesawa River from the iconic Nawate-dori (known locally as "Frog Street") merchants lane, Marumo is perfect for experiencing Matsumoto's castle-town feel.
- Check-In :
- Check-Out :
- Price of Accommodation :
- 5,400 for lodging only. Breakfast +1,080.
- Reservations :
- Required(Walk-ins welcome as long as there is vacancy.)
- Capacity :
- Foreign Languages :
- English (Simple English spoken. English signage.)
- Room Types :
- Japanese Style(8 room(s))
- Area Sightseeing Info :
- Linens Included :
- Luggage Storage :
- Washing Machine :
- Not Available
Coffee Shop Marumo featuring Matsumoto's traditional furniture and woodcraft is adjacent. Guests are welcome to have their morning coffee there.
tel : +81(0)263-32-0115 fax : +81(0)263-35-2251 Official site
- By Train
- From Matsumoto Station(JR Shinonoi Line), 15 min walk
- By Car
- From Matsumoto IC, 15 min
- Sightseeing Spots
- Nawate Dori (street) in Matsumoto City : Frog Street -- Matsumoto's Edo Era-themed Shopping Street
- Nakamachi Street in Matsumoto City : Matsumoto's Commercial Street with Distinctive Black & White Contrasting Storehouses
- Matsumoto City Museum of Art : Museum Featuring Works by Matsumoto's Favorite Daughter, World-Famous Yayoi Kusama.
- Matsumoto Castle (National Treasure) : One of Japan's Finest Castles, With the Japanese Alps as a Backdrop
- Daio Wasabi Farm : Japan's Largest Wasabi Farm in the Pristine Waters of Azumino
- Matsumoto's Nunoya Ryokan : Wooden Inn in Central Matsumoto, Featured in Lonely Planet
- Matsumoto Marunouchi Hotel : Hotel Located Steps from Matsumoto Castle in the City's Historical and Cultural Heart.
- Candela Guest House in Matsumoto : Hideaway Located in a Remodeled Miso Warehouse 5 min from Matsumoto Castle.
- Matsumoto's Hotel Buena Vista : Matsumoto's Landmark City Hotel.
- Hotel New Station Matsumoto : Hometown-Favorite Business Hotel next to Matsumoto Station.
- Marumo : Folkcraft-themed Coffee Shop for Coffee Enthusiasts.
- Kurassic-kan : Coffee Shop in a Storehouse Built in 1888, With a Japanese Garden.
- Bakery Cafe SWEET in Nawate : Matsumoto's Old-Time Bakery Cafe.
- Hikari-ya Higashi : Fine Japanese Dining in a Stylishly Remodeled 130-Year-Old Storehouse.
- Hikari-ya Nishi : Macrobiotic Fine French Dining in a Remodeled 120-Year Old Storehouse.
- 'Temari' Handball Workshop : A Symbol of Matsumoto, Make a Temari Ball as a Momento of your Stay.
- Soba Noodle Making in Matsumoto : Make (then Eat!) Soba at this Premier Noodle Shop 2 Minutes from Matsumoto Castle.
- Seiji Ozawa Matsumoto Festival : Hear World-renowned Musicians from across the Globe Perform in Matsumoto.
- Guided Tour of Matsumoto Castle : Tour National Treasure Matsumoto Castle with the Helpful ALSA Guides.
- Ishii Miso Factory : Matsumoto’s Famous Maker of Aged Miso