Restaurants - Western
Hikari-ya Nishi : ヒカリヤニシ
Macrobiotic Fine French Dining in a Remodeled 120-Year Old Storehouse.
Originally the earthen-walled storehouse of a wealthy Matsumoto merchant, the 120-year old structure has been remodeled into a stylish restaurant offering "Natural French" cuisine. Natural French means fine French prepared in the nutritional macrobiotic style, with an emphasis on locally-sourced ingredients. Seasonal dishes are deliciously prepared and presented in an artistic fashion. Dine in an ambience steeped in Matsumoto's history, with healthy cuisine in this "adult's hideaway"-like restaurant.
- Hours :
- Lunch 11:30-13:30 (L.O.) Dinner 18:00-21:00 (L.O.)
- Date(s) :
- Closed Wedenesdays
- Average Price :
- Lunch 3,000-4,000 Dinner 6,000-8,000
- Credit Cards :
- VISA, MasterCard, Amex
- Reservations :
- Not required
- Foreign Languages :
- Seating Style :
- Chairs(48 seat(s))
tel : +81(0)263-38-0186 fax : +81(0)263-38-0234 Official site
- By Train
- From Matsumoto Station(JR Shinonoi Line), 15 min walk from Oshiro-Guchi Exit
- By Car
- From Matsumoto IC, 20 min
- Sightseeing Spots
- Nawate Dori (street) in Matsumoto City : Frog Street -- Matsumoto's Edo Era-themed Shopping Street
- Nakamachi Street in Matsumoto City : Matsumoto's Commercial Street with Distinctive Black & White Contrasting Storehouses
- Matsumoto City Museum of Art : Museum Featuring Works by Matsumoto's Favorite Daughter, World-Famous Yayoi Kusama.
- Matsumoto Castle (National Treasure) : One of Japan's Finest Castles, With the Japanese Alps as a Backdrop
- Daio Wasabi Farm : Japan's Largest Wasabi Farm in the Pristine Waters of Azumino
- Matsumoto's Ryokan (Hotel) Marumo : "Dozo" Storehouse-styled Inn Steeped in Matsumoto's Castle Town Ambience.
- Matsumoto's Nunoya Ryokan : Wooden Inn in Central Matsumoto, Featured in Lonely Planet
- Matsumoto Marunouchi Hotel : Hotel Located Steps from Matsumoto Castle in the City's Historical and Cultural Heart.
- Candela Guest House in Matsumoto : Hideaway Located in a Remodeled Miso Warehouse 5 min from Matsumoto Castle.
- Matsumoto's Hotel Buena Vista : Matsumoto's Landmark City Hotel.
- Hikari-ya Higashi : Fine Japanese Dining in a Stylishly Remodeled 130-Year-Old Storehouse.
- Marumo : Folkcraft-themed Coffee Shop for Coffee Enthusiasts.
- Kurassic-kan : Coffee Shop in a Storehouse Built in 1888, With a Japanese Garden.
- Bakery Cafe SWEET in Nawate : Matsumoto's Old-Time Bakery Cafe.
- Ishii Miso Restaurant : Limited Availability (10 Servings per Day) Miso-based Lunch Straight from the 'Kura' (Maker).
- 'Temari' Handball Workshop : A Symbol of Matsumoto, Make a Temari Ball as a Momento of your Stay.
- Soba Noodle Making in Matsumoto : Make (then Eat!) Soba at this Premier Noodle Shop 2 Minutes from Matsumoto Castle.
- Guided Tour of Matsumoto Castle : Tour National Treasure Matsumoto Castle with the Helpful ALSA Guides.
- Seiji Ozawa Matsumoto Festival : Hear World-renowned Musicians from across the Globe Perform in Matsumoto.
- Ishii Miso Factory : Matsumoto’s Famous Maker of Aged Miso