Restaurants - Coffee,Sweets,Bakery
Bakery Cafe SWEET in Nawate : スヰト 縄手本店
Matsumoto's Old-Time Bakery Cafe.
Originally founded in 1913 in Seattle, Washington and moved to Matsumoto's historical Nawate-dori street in 1924. Ever since, they've been delighting patrons with their blend of delicious taste and friendly service. Antique stained glass, chandeliers, cash registers decorate the interior, making it a popular place for tourists from abroad. 60+ bakery items and a full cafe menu.
- Hours :
- 9:00-18:00（L.O. 17:30）
- Date(s) :
- Closed Jan. 1st.
- Average Price :
- Reservations :
- Not required
- Capacity :
- Foreign Languages :
- (English menu available. Some staff speak English.)
- Seating Style :
- Chairs(40 seat(s))
tel : +81(0)263-32-5300 fax : +81(0)263-32-6767 Official site
- By Train
- From Matsumoto Station(JR Shinonoi Line), 10 min (900m)
- By Car
- From Matsumoto IC, via Route 158, approx. 7 min.
- Sightseeing Spots
- Nawate Dori (street) in Matsumoto City : Frog Street -- Matsumoto's Edo Era-themed Shopping Street
- Nakamachi Street in Matsumoto City : Matsumoto's Commercial Street with Distinctive Black & White Contrasting Storehouses
- Matsumoto Castle (National Treasure) : One of Japan's Finest Castles, With the Japanese Alps as a Backdrop
- Matsumoto City Museum of Art : Museum Featuring Works by Matsumoto's Favorite Daughter, World-Famous Yayoi Kusama.
- Daio Wasabi Farm : Japan's Largest Wasabi Farm in the Pristine Waters of Azumino
- Matsumoto's Ryokan (Hotel) Marumo : "Dozo" Storehouse-styled Inn Steeped in Matsumoto's Castle Town Ambience.
- Matsumoto Marunouchi Hotel : Hotel Located Steps from Matsumoto Castle in the City's Historical and Cultural Heart.
- Matsumoto's Nunoya Ryokan : Wooden Inn in Central Matsumoto, Featured in Lonely Planet
- Hotel New Station Matsumoto : Hometown-Favorite Business Hotel next to Matsumoto Station.
- Candela Guest House in Matsumoto : Hideaway Located in a Remodeled Miso Warehouse 5 min from Matsumoto Castle.
- Kurassic-kan : Coffee Shop in a Storehouse Built in 1888, With a Japanese Garden.
- Marumo : Folkcraft-themed Coffee Shop for Coffee Enthusiasts.
- Hikari-ya Higashi : Fine Japanese Dining in a Stylishly Remodeled 130-Year-Old Storehouse.
- Hikari-ya Nishi : Macrobiotic Fine French Dining in a Remodeled 120-Year Old Storehouse.
- Tsukiji-Ichiba-Syokudo Matsumoto Ekimae-ten : Lively Pub Featuring Seafood Fresh from Tokyo's Tsukiji Market.
- 'Temari' Handball Workshop : A Symbol of Matsumoto, Make a Temari Ball as a Momento of your Stay.
- Soba Noodle Making in Matsumoto : Make (then Eat!) Soba at this Premier Noodle Shop 2 Minutes from Matsumoto Castle.
- Guided Tour of Matsumoto Castle : Tour National Treasure Matsumoto Castle with the Helpful ALSA Guides.
- Seiji Ozawa Matsumoto Festival : Hear World-renowned Musicians from across the Globe Perform in Matsumoto.
- Ishii Miso Factory : Matsumoto’s Famous Maker of Aged Miso