Jam-Making and Jam Factory Tour
Sawaya Jam Factory : 沢屋ジャムファクトリー
Learn How to Make Jam From a Professional
Sawaya Jam is Karuizawa's premier jam-maker. They make over 50 varieties of jam varying with each season from domestically-grown fruit. Take a tour of Sawaya Jam's factory and have one of their professional jam-makers show you the process, then make your own original jar of jam, including a label you make yourself!
- Hours :
- Jam-making sessions take place at the workshop from 10:00 and again from 14:00.
- Date(s) :
- Closed Sundays and around New Years.
- Cost / Price of Admission :
- 2,800 yen.
- Time Required :
- Credit Cards :
- VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Union Pay
- Reservations :
- # of Participants :
- Foreign Languages :
- English, Chinese (Confirm at time of reservation.)
- Luggage Storage :
- Not Available
Sawaya Jam's restaurant "Kodo" offers lunch, Kodo Terrace offers morning and afternoon tea courses. For large buses and/or groups, please RSVP as early as possible.
tel : +81(0)267-46-2400 fax : +81(0)267-46-2404 Official site
- By Train
- From Nozawa Station(JR Hokuriku(Nagano) Shinkansen), 20 minutes by taxi. Or, from Naka-Karuizawa Station on the Shinano Railroad line, 10 minutes by taxi.
- By Car
- From Usui-Karuizawa IC, Approx. 20 minutes.
- 2785-108 Hotchi, Karuizawa, Kita-Saku 389-0113
- Oiwake-juku Post Town : Historical Crossroads Post Town Popular with Literary Scholars
- Karuizawa Prince Shopping Plaza : Vast Outlet Shopping Mall in Nagano’s Great Outdoors
- Kyu-Karuizawa : The Iconic Main Street of Old Karuizawa.
- St. Paul Catholic Church : Romantic Chapel Vestige of Karuizawa’s Missionary Roots
- Former Mikasa Hotel : Karuizawa's Landmark Japanese-built “Western” Hotel
- Karuizawa's Cottage inn Log-Cabin : Log Cabin in the Woods -- Best Way to Enjoy Karuizawa's Nature.
- Hoshinoya Karuizawa : “Discover the Ultimate Japan Experience”
- Candytuft : Small, Family-run Pension in the Heart of Sylvan Karuizawa.
- Highland Inn ease : Pension in Southern Karuizawa Popular With Foreigners.
- Karuizawa Prince Hotels : More Than Just a Place to Stay, a Myriad of Activities to Enjoy.
- Shabu-shabu Log-tei : Wagyu dining in Karuizawa's forest.
- Karuizawa Torimikura : Poultry Restaurant boasting Local-Sourcing and Local-Cuisine.
- Sasa : Popular Soba and other Japanese Dishes at Reasonable Prices.
- Karuizawa Meiji-tei : Unbearably Delicious Sauce Katsu-don.
- Sekisyo-Chaya : Japanese Eatery Close to Karuizawa Sta. with Fresh Fish Straight from the Sea of Japan, Local Poultry and Wide Variety of Sake.
- Curling Lesson 60 : Try Your Hand at Curling at Japan's Largest Year-Round Curling Center.
- Glass Blowing in Karuizawa : Try a New Experience While Visiting Nagano – Glassblowing!
- Flying Squirrel Watching Tour : Twilight Forest Walk to See Flying Squirrels.
- Onsen-by-Cable-Car : Ride a Cable Car up to Tokiwakan’s Panorama Onsen Baths.
- Volunteer Guide Tours in Ueda : Have a Volunteer English Guide Show You Ueda's Castle Town!