Nabekura Kogen Mori-no-Ie Activity Center : なべくら高原・森の家
Tie-dye a Bandana Using Twigs for a Forest Momento.
Search the forest for sticks and leaves, flowers and nuts and use them to tie-dye a bandana. The staff at the Mori no Ie nature center will show you how . See how the textures of the forest create unique designs in the tie-dye. It's a great way to interact with nature and appreciate the richness of life of the Nabekura forest. Convenient from the Iiyama Shinkansen station.
- Hours :
- Date(s) :
- Closed Tuesdays (except if holiday or during peak season)
- Cost / Price of Admission :
- Time Required :
- 2 hours
- Credit Cards :
- VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Union Pay, IC card
- Reservations :
- # of Participants :
- Foreign Languages :
- (Interpreter required. Some staff understand basic English.)
- Luggage Storage :
During the green season, a guide will accompany participants for a walk into the woods to pick up items to use for art. In the winter, chestnut husks will be used.
- By Train
- From Iiyama Station(JR Hokuriku(Nagano) Shinkansen), change to the JR Iiyama Line and take a local train to Togura-Nozawa Onsen Station. Then by taxi (15 min).
- By Car
- From Toyota-Iiyama IC, 40 min via Route 177.
- Iiyama 389-2601
- Nozawa Onsen Sparina : Year-Round Bath House with Onsen Pool
- St. Cousair's Winery & Vineyards : “Country Comfort” Winery and Garden Terrace
- Hokusaikan : Actual Works by Woodblock Print Master Hokusai
- Matsukawa Gorge : Picturesque River Gorge with 3 Waterfalls and 8 Hot Springs Districts
- Zenkoji Temple : The Legendary Temple at the Heart of Nagano City
- Nabekura Kogen(Heights) Mori no Ie : Wooden Cottages in Nabekura’s Beech Forest.
- Nozawa View Hotel Shimataya : Hotel Overlooking the Nozawa Onsen Village.
- Kawamotoya Ryokan : Modern Japanese-Styled Hotel with Natural Onsen in the Heart of Nozawa Onsen
- Hotel Haus St.Anton : Family-Run Austrian-themed Lodge in the Heart of Nozawa Onsen Village.
- Address Nozawa : Boutique Apartment Hotel Featuring a Stylish Blend of Japanese and Western Design.
- Asabano-an : Secluded Sweets Shop Hidden in a Garden by Mystical Kosuge Shrine.
- Restaurant Kamakura-mura : Winter Fairy Tale-Like Igloo Restaurant.
- Cafe Satowa : New Style 'Michi-no-Eki' Road Station Serving Breakfast, too.
- Chanko Cuisine Tamaya : Reasonably-Priced Healthy "Chanko" Stews.
- Enza café & ramen enza : A stylish café and ramen restaurant located at the trail head leading to the Snow Monkey Park
- Snow Shoe Trekking in the Nabekura Beech Forest : Frollick with Snow Shoes in Nabekura's Powder Snow.
- Tea Time in Nabekura's Beech Forest : Go Trekking for a Picnic in Nabekura's Beech Forest.
- Straw Craft Making : Deep Snow Country Iiyama's Wintertime Activity: Straw Craft Making.
- 'Sansai' (Mountain Vegetables) Gathering : Go with a Guide to Nozawa Onsen’s Mountains to Gather Wild Plants.
- Uchiyama Washi (Japanese Paper) Making at Kamisukiya (Kijimadaira Village) : Kijimadaira’s Version of Snow-Country Uchiyama Paper Making.